- Nuclear & Particle Physics
- Isotope Research & Production
- RIKEN BNL Research Center
Condensed Matter Theory, Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science Department
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science Department
Bldg. 734, Room 276
P.O. Box 5000
Upton, NY 11973-5000
Weiguo joined Brookhaven Lab as a Research Associate in 2004, with promotions to Assistant Physicist (2006), Associate Physicist (2008), and Physicist (2011).
Combining first-principles, effective Hamiltonian, and machine learning methods for strongly correlated systems, frustrated magnetism, superconductivity, multiferroics, mixed 3d-5d compounds, topological materials, and nonequilibrium states.
Weiguo earned his Ph.D. in strongly correlated systems in 1998 from Nanjing University, China with the honor of National Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award.
- Lee J, Carbone MR, Yin W (2023) Machine learning the spectral function of a hole in a quantum antiferromagnet. Physical Review B. doi: 10.1103/physrevb.107.205132
- Aryal N, Jin X, Li Q, Liu M, Tsvelik AM, Yin W (2022) Robust and tunable Weyl phases by coherent infrared phonons in ZrTe5. npj Computational Materials. doi: 10.1038/s41524-022-00800-z
- Aryal N, Jin X, Li Q, Tsvelik AM, Yin W (2021) Topological Phase Transition and Phonon-Space Dirac Topology Surfaces in ZrTe5. Physical Review Letters. doi: 10.1103/physrevlett.126.016401
- Konstantinova T, Wu L, Yin W-G, et al (2020) Photoinduced Dirac semimetal in ZrTe5. npj Quantum Materials. doi: 10.1038/s41535-020-00280-8
- Li J, Wu L, Yang S, et al (2022) Direct Detection of V-V Atom Dimerization and Rotation Dynamic Pathways upon Ultrafast Photoexcitation in VO2. Physical Review X. doi: 10.1103/physrevx.12.021032
- Weichselbaum A, Yin W, Tsvelik AM (2021) Dimerization and spin decoupling in a two-leg Heisenberg ladder with frustrated trimer rungs. Physical Review B. doi: 10.1103/physrevb.103.125120
- Bozin ES, Yin WG, Koch RJ, et al (2019) Local orbital degeneracy lifting as a precursor to an orbital-selective Peierls transition. Nature Communications. doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-11372-w
- Feiguin AE, Tsvelik AM, Yin W, Bozin ES (2019) Quantum Liquid with Strong Orbital Fluctuations: The Case of a Pyroxene Family. Physical Review Letters. doi: 10.1103/physrevlett.123.237204
- Johnson PD, Xu G, Yin W-G (2015) Iron-Based Superconductivity. Springer Series in Materials Science. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-11254-1
- Yin W-G, Liu X, Tsvelik AM, Dean MPM, Upton MH, Kim J, Casa D, Said A, Gog T, Qi TF, Cao G, Hill JP (2013) Ferromagnetic Exchange Anisotropy from Antiferromagnetic Superexchange in the Mixed 3d−5d Transition-Metal Compound Sr3CuIrO6. Physical Review Letters. doi: 10.1103/physrevlett.111.057202
- Liu X, Berlijn T, Yin W-G, Ku W, Tsvelik A, Kim Y-J, Gretarsson H, Singh Y, Gegenwart P, Hill JP (2011) Long-range magnetic ordering in Na2IrO3. Physical Review B. doi: 10.1103/physrevb.83.220403
- Yin W-G, Lee C-C, Ku W (2010) Unified Picture for Magnetic Correlations in Iron-Based Superconductors. Physical Review Letters. doi: 10.1103/physrevlett.105.107004
- Lee C-C, Yin W-G, Ku W (2009) Ferro-Orbital Order and Strong Magnetic Anisotropy in the Parent Compounds of Iron-Pnictide Superconductors. Physical Review Letters. doi: 10.1103/physrevlett.103.267001
- Yin W-G, Ku W (2009) Tuning the in-plane electron behavior in high-Tc cuprate superconductors via apical atoms: A first-principles Wannier-states analysis. Physical Review B. doi: 10.1103/physrevb.79.214512
- Yin W-G, Volja D, Ku W (2006) Orbital Ordering inLaMnO3: Electron-Electron versus Electron-Lattice Interactions. Physical Review Letters. doi: 10.1103/physrevlett.96.116405
- Machine learning the spectral function of a hole in a quantum antiferromagnet shows that the difficult inverse problem of predicting model parameters from a given spectral function can be accurately handled by deep neural networks, though not by a classical machine learning method.
- Ultrafast 'Camera' Captures Hidden Behavior of Potential 'Neuromorphic' Material
- Uncovering Hidden Local States in a Quantum Material
- Theoretical Study Points to Jade-Like Materials as Quantum Spin Liquids
- Ultrafast Imaging Reveals Existence of 'Polarons'
- Unusual Electronic State Found in New Class of Unconventional Superconductors
- Superconductivity in Orbit: Scientists Find New Path to Loss-Free Electricity
- New Evidence to Aid Search for Charge 'Stripes' in Superconductors
- New Physics in a Copper-Iridium Compound
- Mentor of the Goldwater Scholarship (2023) - News
- National Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award of China (2000)