Laboratory Tour Program
Meet the people who make the leading-edge research at Brookhaven National Laboratory happen. Learn about our science. Visit our world-class tools of discovery.
We look forward to hosting your group in the future. Until then, we invite you to watch these guided virtual tours of some of our big facilities.
COVID-19 Update | The Laboratory has resumed public tours and visits on a limited basis. If you are interested in a facility tour, please make a request below.
Tour Scheduling and Requirements
Group tours are limited to 10-20 guests from college institutions, professional organizations, and adult community groups. Tours can be scheduled on select weekdays and are not available on weekends or holidays.
Tour time slots
- 9:15 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 9:15 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (includes time for lunch)
- 12 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. (includes time for lunch)
- 12:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Tours that span only one department or facility are to be coordinated by the staff of the featured organization. The organizers must follow all requirements for visitor access to the Lab and escorted access set forth by the pertinent department or facility. Protocol Officers may be asked to assist.
All tour groups must:
- Include 10 (minimum) to 20 (maximum) guests
- Wear flat, fully-enclosed shoes and long pants
- Provide their own transportation to and from the Lab, and during their tour. Note: ride-hailing services such as Uber and Lyft are not permitted
- Show government-issued photo ID
- Follow their assigned schedule; other activities or tour stops are not permitted
- Follow escort's instructions
- Respond within two days of all tour correspondence
Senior Protocol Officer
(631) 344-2400, email@example.com