Laboratory Tour Program
Out of an abundance of caution related to the spread of the COVID-19 virus, Brookhaven National Laboratory is suspending all public tours and visits until further notice. Updates will be posted here. Thank you for your understanding.
Meet the people who make the leading-edge research at Brookhaven National Laboratory happen. Learn about our science. Visit our world-class tools of discovery.
We look forward to hosting group visits in the future. Until then, we invite you to watch these guided virtual tours of some of our big facilities.
The Stakeholder Relations Office provides free tours for groups of 10-20 guests from college institutions, professional organizations, and adult community groups. Tours can be scheduled on select weekdays and are not available on weekends or holidays.
Groups may request a morning or afternoon tour:
- 9:15 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- 9:15 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (includes time for lunch)
- 12 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (includes time for lunch)
- 12:45 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
All tour groups must:
- Include 10 (minimum) to 20 (maximum) guests.
- Wear flat, fully-enclosed shoes and long pants.
- Provide their own transportation to and from Brookhaven Lab, and during their tour. Note: Ride-hailing services such as Uber and Lyft are not permitted. See Maps and directions to the Lab
- Show government-issued photo ID.
- Follow their assigned schedule; other activities or tour stops are not permitted.
- Follow the escort’s instructions.
- Respond within two days of all Tour Program correspondence.
Tours are not guaranteed and are subject to change.