- Artificial Photosynthesis
- Catalysis: Reactivity & Structure
- Electrochemical Energy Storage
- Electron- and Photo-Induced Processes for Molecular Energy Conversion
- Neutrino and Nuclear Chemistry
- Surface Electrochemistry and Electrocatalysis
- Catalysis for Alternative Fuels Production
- Nanostructured Interfaces for Catalysis
- Structure and Dynamics of Applied Nanomaterials
Chemistry Division Operations Plan
Note: The only official copy of this file is the one online.
As of March, 14, 2022, the Laboratory is in a normal operations mode: Normal Operations with Telework.
- The Return-to-Site Guide provides information and direction on Brookhaven Lab's efforts to implement the COVID-19 Workplace Safety and Reentry Plan as staff return to the site.
- Chemistry personnel are not currently required to schedule on-site time on the Division's online calendar.
What everyone must know and do prior to the start of work
- At BNL all work is planned. Most scientific work is governed by an Experimental Safety Review (ESR).
- You have the obligation to “stop work” if you determine an unsafe condition exists.
- Read and sign the governing ESR.
- Complete required training specified in ESR.
- You must be briefed by knowledgeable individuals on specific work practices in the lab.
- Receive authorization to work from the PI or ESH coordinator.
- Ensure you have the required personal protective equipment (PPE, typically safety glasses and goggles, gloves, lab coats) AND that it is in good condition. Discard and replace any defective PPE.
- Contact your ESH coordinator or PI with any questions or ideas for safety improvements.