Chemistry Division Operations Plan
Note: The only official copy of this file is the one online.
What everyone must know and do prior to the start of work
- At BNL all work is planned. Most scientific work is
governed by an Experimental Safety Review (ESR).
- You have the obligation to “stop work” if you determine
an unsafe condition exists.
- Read and sign the governing ESR.
- Complete required training specified in ESR.
- You must be briefed by knowledgeable individuals on
specific work practices in the lab.
- Receive authorization to work from the PI or ESH
- Ensure you have the required personal protective
equipment (PPE, typically safety glasses and goggles,
gloves, lab coats) AND that it is in good condition. Discard
and replace any defective PPE.
- Contact your ESH coordinator or PI with any questions or
ideas for safety improvements.