- Nuclear & Particle Physics
- Isotope Research & Production
- RIKEN BNL Research Center
New York State Collegiate Science & Technology Entry Program Mini-Course (CSTEP)
The New York State Collegiate Science & Technology Entry Program Mini-Course provides students access to Brookhaven National Laboratory to become part of a scientific research team. Many students return to Brookhaven Lab as part of the Community College Institute (CCI) or Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) programs.
- One week program over winter break
- Participate in classroom instruction and hands-on lab work, visits research facilities, and complete an internet assignment
- Access to Brookhaven Lab scientific researchers and technical staff
- Housing in a single occupancy dorm room and on-site transportation
The objective of CSTEP at BNL is to introduce motivated participants to modern day science through science and technology exploration. The mini-course is conducted by BNL researchers and technicians, and offers CSTEP students an introduction to the different science topics at BNL.
- Currently enrolled in the New York State CSTEP program as a sophomore, junior, or senior
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Available for the entire program from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) of the U.S.
- Active health insurance for the duration of the program
- CSTEP coordinators at student's school can provide applications
- Completed application including one faculty recommendation.
- An essay NO MORE THAN 400 words that identifies three areas of research being conducted at Brookhaven Lab, the scientist performing that research and why interested in these areas