Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI)
The Department of Energy's Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) program encourages undergraduate (2-year and 4-year) students to pursue science, technology, engineering, and mathematics careers by providing research experiences at a Department of Energy (DOE) laboratory.
The SULI program provides interns the opportunity to work under the guidance of scientific and engineering staff on projects that are relevant to the DOE mission of ensuring America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions that includes:
- 16 week internship programs during the spring and fall semesters
- 10 week internship program during the summer
- Participation in cutting-edge scientific research programs
- Chance to present research results verbally and/or in writing
- Work may appear in a contribution to a scientific journal
- A weekly stipend of $600
- Housing, on-site transportation and one round trip visit to student listed permanent address for those living outside a 50-mile radius from the lab
SULI Student Matias Rosner
October 22, 2019
University of Puerto Rico student Matias Rosner was a 2019 summer intern at Brookhaven Lab through the U.S. Department of Energy's Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) program. The SULI program encourages undergraduate students and recent graduates to pursue science, technology, engineering, and mathematics careers through an authentic research experience at Brookhaven Lab.
University of Puerto Rico student Mathias Rosner investigated machine learning during his internship at Brookhaven Lab through the Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships program.
- Currently enrolled full-time at an accredited U.S. institution AND have completed at least one semester as an undergraduate (at the time of application)
- At least 18 years of age
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) of the U.S.
- Active health insurance for the duration of the program
Apply online through the Department of Energy's Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship website.