Science Graduate Student Research Program (SCGSR)
The Office of Science Graduate Student Research (SCGSR) program prepares graduate students for science, technology, engineering, or mathematics careers that are critically important to the Department of Energy's (DOE) Office of Science mission of ensuring America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions by providing graduate thesis research opportunities at DOE national laboratories.
- Provides research opportunities to advance a graduate students’ overall doctoral thesis
- Access to the expertise, resources, and capabilities available at a DOE laboratory
- Award periods range from 3 months to 1 year
- Currently enrolled full-time in a qualified graduate program with a Ph.D. as the degree objective
- At time of application, have obtained the Ph.D. candidacy at home institution, established graduate degree thesis project, and thesis advisor
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) of the U.S.
- Active health insurance for the duration of the program