Procurement Small Business Fair, 7/17
July 16, 2018
The Procurement & Property Management Division is hosting a small business fair in Berkner on July 17 from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Around 20 small businesses, most focused on technology and science products and services, will have tables in Berkner lobby to introduce themselves to Lab scientific and operations staff. Representatives from Stony Brook University and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory are also scheduled to attend.
The event is open to the public, so if staff know of small businesses in the area who would benefit from learning how to do business with the Lab, please encourage them to attend.
Representatives from the following small businesses will be on hand to answer questions.
- Clad Metals Specialties, Inc. provides ferrous, non-ferrous, precious, and refractory metal cladding onto customer parts
- Dark Energy Creations, Inc. provides machine shop services, turning and milling, engineering design, prototypes, custom manufacturing, and laser engraving
- DuraBrite Lighting Solutions provides specialized lighting products and custom solutions
- Energystics Ltd. works in research and development of linear motion, wave powered, electricity generating energy technologies
- Green Power Tower provides patented wind turbine design, generator/electric generation
- JF Machine is a CNC machine shop
- Nelson Controls provides valves, controls, custom design services
- Nutec Mechatronic Systems provides engineering and manufacturing precision products
- PKA technologies Inc. provides IT technology services, network servers, big data solutions, virtualization migration, cloud services
- Quality Industries Inc provides fleet and industrial products, fasteners, chemicals, abrasives, hydraulic & pneumatic hose and fittings and more
- SnappyXO provides mechanical engineering and design robotics kits
2018-13013 | INT/EXT | Newsroom