Res Staff 6 Physics, Imaging & Microscopy, National Synchrotron Light Source II
Brookhaven National Laboratory
National Synchrotron Light Source II
Bldg. 743, Room 109
P.O. Box 5000
Upton, NY 11973-5000
Trained as an X-ray microscopist, Dr. Huang started his scientific career on developments and applications of coherent diffractive imaging (CDI) technique. His research interest was later broadened to Bragg CDI, ptychography, and tomography. Recently, Dr. Huang focuses on multi-modal and multi-scale microscopic studies of functional materials.
Coherent Diffractive Imaging
Bragg Coherent Diffractive Imaging
X-ray focusing optics
- Ph.D. in Physics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, 2009.
- Thesis: “Cryo Soft X-ray Diffraction Microscopy with Biological Samples”
- Advisor: Prof. Chris Jacobsen
- M.A. in Physics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, 2005.
- B.S. in Physics, Fudan University, Shanghai, China, 2003.
- Hong Y-S, Huang X, Wei C, Wang J, Zhang J-N, Yan H, Chu YS, Pianetta P, Xiao R, Yu X, Liu Y, Li H (2020) Hierarchical Defect Engineering for LiCoO2 through Low-Solubility Trace Element Doping. Chem. doi: 10.1016/j.chempr.2020.07.017
- Gill SK, Topsakal M, Jossou E, Huang X, Hattar K, Mausz J, Elbakhshwan M, Yan H, Chu YS, Sun C, He L, Gan J, Ecker L (2020) Impact of krypton irradiation on a single crystal tungsten: Multi-modal X-ray imaging study. Scripta Materialia 188:296–301. doi: 10.1016/j.scriptamat.2020.07.024
- Huang X, Yan H, He Y, Ge M, Öztürk H, Fang Y-LL, Ha S, Lin M, Lu M, Nazaretski E, Robinson IK, Chu YS (2019) Resolving 500 nm axial separation by multi-slice X-ray ptychography. Acta Crystallographica Section A Foundations and Advances 75:336–341. doi: 10.1107/s2053273318017229
- Huang X, Yan H, Robinson IK, Chu YS (2019) Extending the depth of field for ptychography using complex-valued wavelets. Optics Letters 44:503. doi: 10.1364/ol.44.000503
- Öztürk H, Yan H, He Y, Ge M, Dong Z, Lin M, Nazaretski E, Robinson IK, Chu YS, Huang X (2018) Multi-slice ptychography with large numerical aperture multilayer Laue lenses. Optica 5:601. doi: 10.1364/optica.5.000601
- Cell Membrane Proteins Imaged in 3-D
- Turning Up the Heat to Create New Nanostructured Metals
- Novel X-Ray Optics Boost Imaging Capabilities at NSLS-II
- Scientists Produce 3-D Chemical Maps of Single Bacteria
Outstanding Reviewer Awards, Institute of Physics, 2017.
President’s Award to Distinguished Doctoral Student, Stony Brook University, 2010.