Compliance, ESS&H, and Quality
The PPM Compliance Operation ensures the Laboratory's procurement processes and documentation adhere to internal policies and procedures, and public laws and regulations. The PPM Compliance Supervisor oversees the Compliance team and is responsible for the maintenance of the Procurement Operations Manual (POM), terms and conditions, forms and templates, standard work instructions (SWI), and training. The Compliance Supervisor also supports the Procurement Evaluation and Re-engineering Team (PERT) review and provides guidance to the PPM organization.
Environment, Safety, Security & Health
The PPM Division addresses the components of the BNL Environmental, Safety, Security & Health Policy in all of its practices:
- Environment: We protect the environment, conserve resources, and implement sustainable business practices that protect our future.
- Safety: We maintain a safe workplace. We plan our work and perform it safely. We take responsibility for the safety of ourselves, coworkers, and guests.
- Security: We protect people, property, information, computing systems, and facilities.
- Health: We protect human health within our boundaries and in the surrounding community.
- Compliance: We achieve and maintain compliance with applicable ESSH requirements.
- Community: We maintain open, proactive, and constructive relationships with our employees, neighbors, regulators, the U.S. Department of Energy, and other stakeholders.
- Continual Improvement: We continually improve ESSH performance.
PPM staff are required to review existing supplies available in BNL inventory or within the DOE complex before purchasing an item. Staff also consider items listed on the U.S. Government Green Procurement Compilation site, which is a comprehensive green purchasing resource designed for federal contracting personnel and program managers.
Refer to the Standards-Based Management System (SBMS) External Files Directory for guidance on ESSH subject areas of interest to suppliers and vendors. Please note you will be able to view and download documents only.
PPM's Quality Program imposes quality requirements upon suppliers to increase the requisitioner's chances of successfully receiving a compliant end-product or service. Refer to the Standards-Based Management System (SBMS) External Files Directory on SharePoint for guidance on Quality subject areas of interest to suppliers and vendors. Please note you will be able to view and download documents only.