Advances the sustainable use of wood and agricultural biomass for clean, efficient heat and combined heat and power to meet America’s energy needs and strengthen local economies.
The U.S. Department of Energy’s Bioenergy Technologies Office supports groundbreaking bioenergy technologies to produce industrially viable fuels, products, and power using renewable biomass and waste resources.
The Burn Wise program promotes the importance of burning the right wood, the right way, in the right appliance.
Resources for air quality regulators.
A European consortium of agencies, institutions and companies exploring more realistic test methods for wood and pellet heaters.
Bioenergy Europe is a non-profit, Brussels-based international organisation bringing together 41 associations and 122 companies, as well as academia and research institutes from across Europe.
The Wood Pellet Association of Canada is the voice of Canada’s growing, innovative wood pellet sector.ood pellet sector.
RISE Research Institutes of Sweden is Sweden’s research institute and innovation partner. Through international collaboration with industry, academia and the public sector, we ensure business competitiveness and contribute to a sustainable society.
BEST works on the scientific and technological uses of biomass and waste to produce heat, electricity, gaseous and liquid energy carriers and sources, and basic materials for the chemical industry. They also carries out research on the joint use of bioenergy and other renewable energy supply technologies as a means of providing efficient, sustainable and economic solutions for the energy system of the future.
Since 1980, the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association has represented and promoted the interests of our industries and our members – manufacturers, dealers, service and installation firms, and other industry representatives.
Provides scientific, technical, analytical, and policy support to the air quality programs of the eight Northeast states.
NYSERDA’s Environmental R&D and Building R&D programs jointly developed the Biomass Heating R&D program to develop high efficiency, low emission biomass heating technologies in New York state.
DTI is in charge of a European collaboration centred on printed electronics to ensure that individual enterprises can gain access to the best skills throughout Europe
The OÖ Energiesparverband was established by the region of Upper Austria in 1991. Ever since, it has been the central information hub for commercially independent energy advice. Its expertise in energy efficiency and sustainable energy is available to households, businesses and municipalities.
The European Pellet Council (EPC) is the voice of the wood pellet sector in Europe. Its members are national pellet associations or related organisations from 18 countries. EPC was founded in 2010 and is a network of Bioenergy Europe.
The Pellet Fuels Institute is a North American trade association promoting energy independence through the efficient use of clean, renewable, densified biomass fuel.
Selected recent papers and publications
- A cost-benefit analysis of a pellet boiler with electrostatic precipitator versus conventional biomass technology, Environmental Research, 2017
- Advanced test methods for firewood stoves, IEA Bioenergy, 2018
- Effect of Stove Technology and Combustion Conditions on Gas and Particulate Emissions from Residential Biomass Combustion, Environmental Science Technology, 2019
- Emission from realistic utilization of wood pellet stove, Energy, 2014
- Study of clean combustion of wood in a stove, Journal of Energy Institute, 2017
- Community-Wide Distribution of a Catalytic Device to Reduce Winter Ambient Fine Particulate Matter from Residential Wood Combustion: A Field Study, Social Psychiatry, 2016
- Stoves for Wood. Blue Angel: The German Ecolabel. 2020, version 6.
- Environmental trade-offs between residential oil-fired and wood pellet heating systems: Forecast scenarios for Austria until 2030, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2017
- Greenhouse gas emissions of local wood pellet heat from northeastern US forests, Energy, 2017