Brookhaven Lab Presents Highest Accolades to 14 Employees
July 2, 2012
Members of the Brookhaven Lab community gathered in Berkner Hall on June 27 to recognize 14 employees’ distinguished contributions to the Laboratory’s mission. The Science and Technology Awards, Engineering Awards, and Brookhaven Awards that were presented consist of a plaque and $10,000, and they are the highest accolades given by Brookhaven to its employees.
Science and Technology Award
From left: Doon Gibbs, Deputy Laboratory Director for Science and Technology, with Science and Technology Award recipients John Hill and James Muckerman. Awardee William Morse was not present.
Science and Technology Awards are given to recognize distinguished contributions to the science and technology objectives of the Laboratory over one or more years. The 2012 Science and Technology Awards were presented by Doon Gibbs, Deputy Laboratory Director for Science and Technology, and the recipients were:
- John Hill, Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science Department
- William Morse, Physics Department
- James Muckerman, Chemistry Department
Learn more about the 2012 Science and Technology Award recipients.
(From left, back row) Lanny Bates, Assistant Laboratory Director for Facilities and Operations, with the Engineering Award recipients Andrew Marone, Lewis Doom, Yonggang Cui, (from left, front row) Kevin Smith, Joseph Mead and Thomas Hayes.
Engineering Awards are given to recognize distinguished contributions to the Laboratory’s engineering and computing objectives. The 2012 Engineering Awards were presented by Lanny Bates, Assistant Laboratory Director for Facilities and Operations, and the recipients were:
- Yonggang Cui, Nonproliferation and National Security Department
- Lewis Doom, Photon Sciences Directorate
- Thomas Hayes, Collider-Accelerator Department
- Andrew Marone, Superconducting Magnet Division
- Joseph Mead, Instrumentation Division
- Kevin Smith, Collider-Accelerator Department
Learn more about the 2012 Engineering Award recipients.
(Back row, from left) Sam Aronson, Laboratory Director, with Brookhaven Award recipients William Dorsch, David Pate, (front row, from left) Sheryl Golden and Nelson Cause. Awardee Carter Biggs was not present.
Brookhaven Awards are given to recognize key contributors in support functions whose performance and achievements represent outstanding service to the Laboratory. The 2012 Brookhaven Awards were presented by Sam Aronson, Laboratory Director, and the recipients were:
- Carter Biggs, Physics Department
- Nelson Cause, Business Operations Office
- William Dorsch, Environmental Protection Division
- Sheryl Golden, Environmental Restoration Projects
- David Pate, Collider-Accelerator Department
Learn more about the 2012 Brookhaven Award recipients.
2012-3158 | INT/EXT | Newsroom