eRHIC: high energy electron-ion collider
- Species: electrons colliding with protons, 3He or heavy
ions (up to Au).
- Energy ranges:
- 5-21 GeV electrons
- 50-250 GeV polarized protons or up to 100 GeV/u gold ions
- exceeding 1034 cm-2s-1 for e-p
- exceeding 1032 cm-2s-1 for
- High polarization of electron, proton and 3He
- Electron acceleration in a superconducting energy recovery electron linac.
- Electron beam is used for collisions only on one pass (linac-ring
- Multiple recirculations of electron beam are done by beam
transport in two FFAG beamlines.
- IR design with 10 mrad crossing angle and crab-crossing.
Last Modified: August 6, 2014
Please forward all questions about this site to: