- Nuclear & Particle Physics
- Isotope Research & Production
- RIKEN BNL Research Center
Congratulations on Your Employment at Brookhaven
New Employee Orientation: What to Expect on Your First Day
What You Will Need
To have a productive first day of work, you should plan on having the following items and information with you.
- Proper Identification - You must provide proper
identification as proof that you are eligible to work in the United States.
Brookhaven National Laboratory participates in E-Verify, which requires us to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Brookhaven National Laboratory will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Acceptable forms of ID
- Vehicle Information - You need to show your cars’ registration.
What You Will Do
Your first day at Brookhaven National Laboratory will consist of a variety of orientation activities.
- Welcome and Introductions
- HR Information/I9 Verification Review
- General Employee Training
- Badging/Vehicle Registration-You will have your picture taken for your BNL ID badge and receive a sticker for your vehicles.
Employee Benefit Resources
Every Monday promptly at 8:30 a.m., a shuttle will bring new hires from the on-site apartment area to Building 400, to attend orientation starting at 9 a.m. On-site housing guests should meet at the bus stop near the Lollypop House (apartment area - close to apartment 5) Note: If the Lab is closed for a holiday on a Monday, this service will be provided on the first day back after the Monday holiday.