Brookhaven Science Associates recognizes that you may need time off from work due to your own or a family member’s illness or injury, birth or adoption of a child, or bonding with a child. The information on this site will help you to understand the benefits you may be eligible to receive and the process to obtain them.
NOTE: You are strongly encouraged to review the Guide to Absence Management (PDF) before contacting the Benefits Office with questions related to planned absences. The Guide covers common scenarios that will help you understand which options may apply to you.
My question is about:
- FMLA – For the Employee’s Own Serious Health Condition
- FMLA – To Care for a Sick Family Member
- FMLA and Paid Parental Leave (i.e. maternity leave or paternity leave)
- FMLA and NYS Paid Family Leave for Bonding
- FMLA and NYS Paid Family Leave To Care for a Sick Family Member
- Vacation Donation
- Other Absence Topic