- Nuclear & Particle Physics
- Isotope Research & Production
- RIKEN BNL Research Center
New York State Paid Family Leave
Through New York State Paid Family Leave, an eligible employee may be eligible to receive paid time off to bond with a new child, care for a family member with a serious health condition or assist a family member when someone is called to active military service.
Effective Jan. 1, 2023, through New York State Paid Family Leave, an eligible employee may receive up to 12 weeks of paid leave at 67 percent of their average weekly wage in 2023. The 2023 NY State maximum benefit is $1,131.08 per week (up from $1,068.36 in 2022). The benefit amount changes each year and is announced by New York State.
This benefit is paid for by employees through payroll deductions each pay period on an after-tax basis. The amount of the deduction is 0.445 percent of an employee's weekly wage.
Who's Eligible for This Benefit
- An employee whose regular employment schedule is 20 hours or more per week and who has been employed for at least 26 consecutive work weeks
- An employee whose regular employment schedule is less than 20 hours per week is eligible after 175 days of employment
See the New York State Paid Family Leave website for details.