- General Info
- Water Quality
- Unit Types
- Policies, Procedures & Responsibilites
- BNL Computer Use Agreement (pdf)
- Information & Assistance
- Guide to BNL
Electric Vehicle Charging Program
All Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) employees, guests, users, and visiting researchers can use the electric vehicle (EV) charging stations at Brookhaven Lab. There are two options: Level II charging stalls operated by ChargePoint, a third-party contractor, or Level I charging outlets managed by the Brookhaven Employees' Recreation Association (BERA).
Supervisor, Mailroom, Fleet and Transportation Services
(631) 344-5341, firstname.lastname@example.org
ChargePoint (Level II Charging)
- Fully automatic third-party charging stations from ChargePoint. Users pay with the ChargePoint app on their phone.
- These units are installed primarily for the purpose of charging government-owned EVs. However, when not in use by a government vehicle, BSA employees, guests, users, and visitors may charge their personal EVs.
- The government-owned EVs have charging priority at all times.
- Located at buildings 555, 734, and 744.
- Employee, guest, user, visitor charging 7 a.m.-5 p.m. No overnight charging allowed.
- Pay for the actual kWh charge, plus a BSA administration fee of $.12 per charge.
- If you don't already have an account with ChargePoint, create one by visiting https://www.chargepoint.com/drivers/join/.
- EV charging agreement required and will be provided to you by ChargePoint.
BNL Electric Vehicle Charging Permit Program (Level I)
- Located at buildings 400, 535, 725, 918, 1005S, and 1008E.
- Employee, guest, user, visitor charging 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eight hours per day limit and no overnight charging.
- Can charge from six locations on the Lab site.
- Utilize convenient 120 VAC GFI outlets.
- Pay a monthly fee (currently $17.56) to cover estimated usage and administration costs.
- Estimated usage assumes 145 kWh/month at $0.06/kWh.
- Administration fee of $8.82 per month.
- Pay in advance through the BERA Store. Cash or check only—no credit cards.
- EV charging agreement and permit required.
ChargePoint Stalls (Level 2)
- Bldg. 555: Parking lot, west side of the turn circle in front of the main entrance of the building, off Lewis Road.
- Bldg. 734: Parking lot, in front of the main entrance of the building, off Brookhaven Avenue.
- Bldg. 744: Parking lot, in front of the main entrance of the building (LOB 4), off Grove Street.
- Step 1: Read the EV Program Protocol
2: Request EV Charging Station Accesss by ChargePoint Process
Connection Code: BNLChargepoint
Electric Vehicle Charging Permit (Level 1)
- Bldg. 400: Parking lot, southeast of the building and adjacent to the tennis courts on John Hopkins Street (2 outlets)
- Bldg. 535: Parking lot, north side of the building, between Technology Street and Temple Place (2 outlets)
- Bldg. 725: Parking lot, southeast corner of Brookhaven Avenue and Groves Street, across from the building's main entrance. (1 outlet)
- Bldg. 918: Parking stall, south side of the building. (1 outlet)
- Bldg. 1005S: Parking lot, in front of the main entrance of the building. (1 outlet)
- Bldg. 1008E: East side entrance of the building. (1 outlet)
- Read the EV Program Protocol
- All forms are available at the BERA Store. Please have your vehicle's make, model, and license plate number ready.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Permits can be purchased at the BERA Store in Berker Hall (Bldg. 488) between 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. (weekdays).
- Payment: Cash, personal check or money order ONLY (Credit cards are not accepted).
You are encouraged to sign up to this mailing list to receive updates regarding the various charging locations, i.e. additional locations, any closures, etc.