- Guide to BNL
Welcome to Brookhaven National Laboratory. BNL attracts more than 4,500 visiting scientists from all over the world each year to perform scientific research and work with our staff. To support our guests, there are over 200 on-site housing units. These units are comprised of family-style apartments, efficiency apartments, dormitory rooms, Guest House rooms, and 2 year round private houses.
All guests wishing to stay on-site must be registered and approved in the BNL Guest Information System (GIS).
|Location:||Hours of Operation:|
|Research Support Building (400A), 20 Brookhaven Avenue||Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Reservations: (631) 344-2541 or 344-2551||Saturday: Closed*|
|Fax: (631) 344-2940||Sunday: 2 to 10 p.m.|
|Email: email@example.com||Laboratory Holidays: Closed*|
|* After Hours: When the Housing Office is closed, keys can be picked up or returned to Police Headquarters, Building 50.|
- On-site Housing Rates: Effective rates are always posted on
February 1 of each year.
View Current Rates
- Conferences: Due to limited space in the dormitories and apartments, only Guest House rooms can be provided for conferences during June, July, and August.
- Check in time is 3:00 p.m.
- Check out time is 1:00 p.m.
- Payment for all housing is due upon arrival. The housing office accepts cash, checks, travelers checks, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. It is against DOE policy to extend credit to anyone.
- Apartment Telephone Charges: Telephones are provided in all units.
- Dormitory Telephones: Telephones are provided in common areas of each dormitory. For those who may not have a cell phone, there are two dedicated rooms in each dormitory with a landline phone. Please inquire at the Housing Office.
- All requests for apartments for 30 days or more must be generated from the host department.
- Requests for extensions beyond the periods stated in the Policies and Procedures section must be made in writing by the Department Chair or Division Manager to the Guest Services Housing Supervisor. Extension requests beyond two years must be approved by the program Deputy Director for Science & Technology.