All guests wishing to stay on-site
must be registered and approved in the BNL Guest Information System (GIS).
Welcome to Brookhaven National Laboratory. BNL attracts more than 4,500 visiting scientists from
all over the world each year to perform scientific research and work with our staff. To support our
guests, there are 333 on-site housing units. These units are comprised of 66 family-style apartments,
39 efficiency apartments, 213 dormitory rooms, 13 Guest House rooms, and 2 year round private houses.
||Hours of Operation:
|Research Support Building (400A), 20 Brookhaven Avenue
||Monday - Friday: 8:00 am to Midnight
|Reservations: (631) 344-2541 or
|Fax: (631) 344-2940
||Sunday: 4:00 pm to Midnight
||Laboratory Holidays: Closed*
|* After Hours: When the Housing Office is
closed, keys can be picked up or returned to Police Headquarters,
On-site Housing Rates: Effective rates are always posted on
February 1 of each year.
View Current Rates
- Conferences: Due to limited space in the dormitories
and apartments, only Guest House rooms can be provided for conferences
during June, July, and August.
- Check out time is 1:00 p.m.
- Payment for all housing is due upon arrival. The housing
office accepts cash, checks, travelers checks, Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
It is against DOE policy to extend credit to anyone.
- Apartment Telephone Charges: Telephones are provided in all units.
Charges are posted to your bill.
- Dormitory Telephone Charges: Telephones are provided in all rooms.
Residents may receive calls from anywhere and make on site or 800 number calls. Prepaid
calling cards are required to make off site calls.
- All requests for apartments for 30 days or more must be
generated from the host department.
- Requests for extensions beyond the periods stated in the Policies and Procedures
section must be made in writing by the Department Chair or Division Manager to the Staff
Services Housing Supervisor. Extension requests beyond two years must be approved by the
program Deputy Director for Science & Technology.