- Guide to BNL
Due to social distancing requirements, the shuttle is operating at reduced passenger capacity. All passengers must adhere to masking requirements. See Coronavirus Resources for details.
On-site Courtesy Shuttle
The on-site Courtesy Shuttle offers on-call, door-to-door service on campus between 8:15 a.m. and 4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Requests are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Be prepared to meet the van at the main entrance of your building. In order for us to be able to serve as many customers as possible, please be ready to board the van before making the call for pickup.
Ext. 2714 to arrange a pick-up
Ronkonkoma LIRR Train Station Shuttle
A shuttle van operates Monday through Friday, with the exception of holidays and Laboratory closures, to transport Laboratory staff, guests, and visitors to and from the Long Island Railroad Ronkonkoma train station. Riders are asked to be certain they have their badge on hand before arriving on site.
- The Courtesy Service will only accommodate bags/parcels that fit on the passenger's lap or beneath their seat.
- All shuttles will depart from the Laboratory at the rear of the main entrance of Bldg. 400 on Bell Avenue. See location on map.
- Passengers arriving at the Ronkonkoma LIRR station should exit to the north side of the tracks and wait at street level in front of the Long Island Railroad Ticket Office. The shuttle will wait 10 minutes from the time the train arrives for passengers to board.
|Shuttle Departs BNL||Train Departs NYC Penn Station||Train Arrives Ronkonkoma||Train Departs Ronkonkoma||Train Arrives NYC Penn Station|
|8:30 a.m.||7:37 a.m.||8:59 a.m.||9:28 a.m.||10:52 a.m.|
|4:00 p.m.||2:20 p.m.||3:44 p.m.||4:44 p.m.||6:06 p.m.|
The Shopping Shuttle is a courtesy shuttle that makes multiple trips between BNL and the Southport Shopping Center (PDF), Walmart, and Lidl.
Sunrise Coach Lines operates this courtesy shuttle. Note: The shuttle is a yellow school bus.
The shuttle does not operate on December 24, 25, 31, January 1, or July 4.
Wednesdays - 5 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (Times are approximate)
- 5 p.m. Cavendish House, Bldg. 153
- 5:10 p.m. Curie/Compton House, Bldg. 258
- 5:15 p.m. Children’s Outdoor Shelter (Lollipop House)
- 5:20 p.m. Efficiency Apartments 40-41
- 8:30 p.m. Final pickup at shopping centers to return to BNL.
Saturdays - 8:30 a.m. - 12 Noon (Times are approximate)
- 8:30 a.m. Cavendish House, Bldg. 153
- 8:35 a.m. Curie House, Bldg. 258
- 8:45 a.m. Children's Outdoor Shelter (Lollipop House)
- 8:50 a.m. Efficiency Apartments 40-41
- 12:00 Noon Depart Stop & Shop Supermarket for Final Return to BNL.