- Guide to BNL
Food Support for Meetings/Events
The Laboratory's Berkner Hall cafeteria is closed and on-site food service is limited to self-service micro-marts located in Buildings 400, 740, and 911. Vending machines are available but restocking is limited to those buildings with at least 50% physical occupancy. However, Conference Services supports BSA-funded food and beverages orders for on-site events. These events should be jointly arranged by the customer and Conference Services, with payment charged to a BSA account. A list of event attendees is required for submission. Deliveries for individuals i.e., personal lunches, are not supported.
Process for Requesting Food Support
- Customer reserves space for in-house events and contacts Conference Services at Ext. 3545 for on-site delivery support.
- Conference Services collects event details from the customer.
- Conference Services provides customer with menus and options.
- Customer contacts Conference Services with their menu selections and event details, and places their order in Peoplesoft Financials under "BSA Outside Food".
- Conference Services reviews the food orders and confirms with vendor that the order can be fulfilled.
- Once approved, Conference Services places the order with the vendor, makes payment, and provides written confirmation to the customer.
- All orders must be placed a minimum of 48 hours prior to the event. Order changes/cancellations will be unavailable after that time.
- Conference Services is the sole point of contact with the vendor.
- Vendor delivers items directly to the event. If there are discrepancies, contact Conference Services.
- Customer must scan and send or interoffice final receipt to Conference Services after delivery.
Multiple vendors are available to meet on-site food needs. The vendors listed below have provided reliable service to the Lab in the past. Menus from these local companies are available from Conference Services. Customers can choose menu items, verify the order and wait for delivery at their location. A minimum of 48 hours notice is required, and changes will be unavailable after that time.
Please contact Conference Services at (631) 344-3545 or email email@example.com with any issues, comments, or suggestions.