- Guide to BNL
Food Support for Meetings/Events
Food service is limited at Brookhaven National Laboratory. The cafeteria is closed and not available at this time. The micro-marts located in Building 400 and 740 (coming soon!) are available for grab-and-go hot and cold options.
Vending machines are available but not being restocked due to limited vendor access.Conference Services is pleased to support BSA funded food and beverages orders for on-site events. These events should be jointly arranged by the customer and Conference Services, with payment charged to your BSA account. A list of event attendees is required for submission.
Deliveries for individuals i.e. personal lunches. will not be supported through this process.
The following steps defines the scope of the full process
- Customer reserves space for in-house events and contacts Conference Services (CS) at 631-344-3545 for on-site delivery support, if they choose to.
- CS collects event details from the customer.
- CS provides customer with menus/options.
- Customer contacts CS with their menu selection and event details, which should be completed on the Food Delivery Request Form.
- CS reviews the request form/information and sends the customer the total cost, for approval.
- Once approved, CS places the order with the vendor, makes the payment, and provides written confirmation to customer.
(1) All orders must be placed a minimum of 48 hours prior to the event. Order changes/cancellations will be unavailable after that time.
(2) CS is the sole point of contact with the vendor.
(3) Vendor delivers items directly to the event. If there are discrepancies, contact CS.
(4) Customer must scan and send or interoffice final receipt to CS after delivery.
Multiple vendors are available to meet the many needs of our organization. The vendors listed below have provided reliable service to the lab in the past. Menus from these local companies will be available from Conference Services. Customers can choose menu items, verify the order and wait for delivery at their location. A minimum of 48 hours notice is required, and changes will be unavailable after that time.
Please contact Conference Services at (631) 344-3545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues, comments, or suggestions.