Working at CFN
- Arrival & Departure
- Reports & Publications
- Acknowledging Use of CFN Facilities
- Data Management
- The Guide to Brookhaven
- Operations Plan
- Experimental Safety Reviews (ESR)
- COSA Training
- Hours of Operation
- Laser System Qualification
- Transport of Hazardous Materials
- Vendor Registration (PDF)
- News & Events
Acknowledging Use of CFN Facilities
All published work resulting from use of the Center for Functional Nanomaterials (CFN) must carry the following acknowledgement, regardless of whether the work includes CFN staff co-authors:
This research used resources* of the Center for Functional Nanomaterials (CFN), which is a U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science User Facility, at Brookhaven National Laboratory under Contract No. DE-SC0012704.
* Please specify which CFN resource(s) were used. For example: “This research used the Theory and Computation facility of the Center for Functional Nanomaterials (CFN), which is a U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science User Facility, at Brookhaven National Laboratory under Contract No. DE-SC0012704.” DOE is also asking us to include sponsor contributions delineated by research (vs individuals) and to list sponsors based on their contribution (i.e., the leading funding source should be listed first).
Proper acknowledgement of CFN resources is crucial to our continued support.
Authorship of research publications associated with work at CFN should follow scientific publishing norms. Any CFN researcher who made significant contributions to a body of scientific work should be included as a co-author and be involved in reviewing the manuscript prior to journal submission. The CFN advocates an inclusive approach to co-authorship, but we recognize that scientific contributions can sometimes be difficult to define. For disagreements about the appropriateness of co-authorship, we recommend that the lead author, lead PI, and CFN staff first engage in good faith conversations. If further mediation is needed, please contact CFN Assistant Director for Strategic Partnerships Priscilla Antunez.