We are focusing on the basic properties of 2D materials , such as graphene, BN , MoS2, SnS2 et al. After CVD growth or exfoliation of those 2D materials, we transfer them to suitable substrates and make devices to study their electrical and mechanical properties . Besides, we are also interested in the heterstructures of 2D materials, such as graphene-Boron Nitride.
•PhD: Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Dissertation Title: Synthesis，Characterization and Physical Properties of Several Two and One Dimensional Nanomaterials
•Research Assistant: National University of Singapore
Selected Publications and Research Highlights
1. Yuan Huang, Fei Liu, Yuan Tian, Chengmin Shen, Shaozhi Deng, Ningsheng Xu, Hong-Jun Gao, “Fabrication of patterned boron carbide nanowires and their electrical, field emission, and flexibility properties” Nano Res. 5(12) 896-902 (2012) (Cover Story)
2. Yuan Huang, Jing Wu, Xiangfan Xu, Yuda Ho, Guangxin Ni, Qiang zou, Gavin Kok Wai Koon, Weijie Zhao, A. H. Castro Neto , Goki Eda, Chengmin Shen and Barbaros Özyilmaz, “An innovative way of etching MoS2: Characterization and mechanistic investigation”, Nano Res. 6(3) 200-207 (2013)
3. Yuan Tian, Chengmin Shen, Chen Li, Xuezhao Shi, Yuan Huang, Hong-jun Gao, “Synthesis of monodispersive CoPt3 nanocrystals and their catalytic behavior for growth of boron nanowires”, Nano Res. 4(8) 780 (2011).
4. Yuan Tian, Hongliang Lu, Jifa Tian, Chen Li, Chao Hui, Xuezhao Shi, Yuan Huang, Chengmin Shen and Hong-jun Gao, "Influence of Si Co-doping on electrical transport properties of magnesium-doped boron nanoswords" Appl. Phys. Lett. 100, 103112 (2012).
5. Lili Jiang , Bin Wu , Hongtao Liu , Yuan Huang , Jianyi Chen , Dechao Geng , Hongjun Gao , and Yunqi Liu, "A general approach for fast detection of charge carrier type and conductivity difference in nanoscale materials", Advanced Materials. 25, 48 (2013)
6, Q. Zou, B. D. Belle, L. Z. Zhang, W.D. Xiao, K. Yang, L.W. Liu, G.Q.Wang, X.M. Fei, Y. Huang, S. X. Du, Y. Lu, P. H, Tan, H.M. Guo, and H.-J. Gao, " Modulation of Fermi velocities of Dirac electrons in single layer graphene by moir_e superlattice " Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, 113106(2013)